For New Moms and Dads...
Are you having trouble adjusting to
- the level of your exhaustion
- the many new demands on you
- the new role of motherhood
- the constant demands of a newborn
- your changing body
- mood swings, anxiety or stress
- the changes in your relationship with your partner?
You may be suffering from Postpartum Depression or Anxiety.
Your life CAN improve with help and support.
There IS hope for you.
You are NOT alone.
You will be well again.
Postpartum Depression (PPD) and Anxiety are medical illnesses. They are treatable.
- Change in Appetite
- Trouble Sleeping
- Trouble Concentrating
- Irritability and Anger
- Fear of Being Alone or being alone with the baby
- Isolating Yourself
- Not Enjoying the things you used to
- Feeling Bad About Yourself - feeling "Every other mom is a better mom than I am"
- Feeling Hopeless - "Things will never get better. They will always be like this. I've ruined my life"
- Loved Ones are Worried about you
If you can see that these are some of the things you are also struggling with, please know that you are not alone.
I have seen many clients with these symptoms, and I can help. I have helped other moms feel calmer, more in control, and find a renewed sense of purpose in their lives.
Postpartum Adjustment Group
at Hoag Hospital
This group is FREE, and open to the community
every Monday at 6:00pm
Please call for more details or to sign up.
Group Topics may include:
-Postpartum Self Care - Surviving and Thriving After Birth
-Is it "Baby Blues" or Postpartum Depression?
-Coping with Your Exhaustion
-Coping with Negative Thoughts or Anxious Feelings
-Dealing with Self Doubt
-Can you feel terrible AND be a good Mom?
-Progressive Relaxation and Visualization
-Effective Communication / Limit Setting in Your Relationships
-Your Relationship After Baby - Navigating the Changes
-S-E-X after Baby
-Building Your Support System
-Healing Through Sharing Our Birth Stories